Full time position. Indeterminate contract.
Reports to: Impact Coordination.
Location of the position: Hybrid, must attend a few days a month to the office located in Mexico City.
The Global Compact Network Mexico is part of the United Nations Global Compact, the world’s largest responsible business initiative. We connect Mexico’s companies and other organisations to a global movement dedicated to driving sustainable growth. We promote practical sustainability leadership, share knowledge across sectors, and shape the business environment to create a world we want to live and do business in.
The UN Global Compact’s Ten Principles, rooted in UN treaties, provide a robust foundation from which we lead Mexico’s business action on the Global Goals, also called the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Our mission is to turn global momentum on sustainability into practical local action.
You can read about the UN Global Compact’s Values and Behaviours model at
The Global Compact Network Mexico has a compact and dynamic team that is generating positive impact in the business sustainability ecosystem in Mexico.
This position will be responsible for the implementation of impactful cross-cutting sustainability programs within the private sector. This role is instrumental in aligning businesses with the Ten Principles of the United Nations Global Compact and achieving the Sustainable Development Goals. Your responsibilities will encompass a wide range of initiatives, including Sustainable Investment, Sustainable Impact Reporting (aligned with international standards), Youth & Innovation for the SDGs, Supply Chain sustainable management, and sustainability for SMEs.
The primary focus of this position is on executing global and local impact initiatives. This involves managing capacity development programs, accelerator initiatives, and overseeing peer learning groups. By doing so, you will empower participating companies of the Global Compact, fostering their understanding of business sustainability and amplifying their collective impact on the planet.
The position reports directly to the Impact Coordination and will be partially supported by a full-time analyst.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Function as the Cross-cutting sustainability issues expert, including but not limited to Sustainable Investment, Sustainability Reporting and Supply Chain sustainability.
- Local implementation of UNGC global Cross-cutting sustainability impact initiatives
- Collaborate in the planning and coordination of Cross-cutting sustainability Impact programs and their related activities
- Development and Management of the Sustainable Investment and Sustainability for SMEs Peer Learning Groups
- Facilitate and manage SDG Innovation for young professionals accelerator program
- Facilitate and manage SDG Ambition accelerator program
- Collect, manage and report sustainability impact metrics and the latest trends of sustainable initiatives in the private sector
- Generate insights through UNGC’s Communication of Progress mechanism.
- Development of communication strategy to promote the positive impact of sustainability initiatives.
- Manage the relationship with public and private actors.
- Support in organizing local events
- Facilitate capacity building sessions
Global Compact Network Mexico has a very broad mission, we are looking for people willing to collaborate and occasionally support the development of other activities in the various areas, so the position may be required to occasionally support other activities.
SKILLS AND CAPACITIES REQUIREMENTS
- Demonstrable knowledge of topics such as sustainability reporting, materiality, SMEs, Supply Chain, sustainable finance, among others, from a business perspective;
- Knowledge and experience with the private sector;
- Management of interpersonal relations with actors from various sectors;
- Knowledge and understanding of sustainability regulations and ESG Criteria;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills;
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects and adapt to changing priorities;
- Proactive, creative, positive person who works well in a team;
- Learns quickly and is not afraid to ask questions;
- Well-organized and detail-focused work style and
- Ethics, good administration and care of resources.
EDUCATIONAL AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Education: Bachelor’s degree in areas such as Sustainable Development, Corporate Social Responsibility, Sustainable Finance, Economics or related fields. We are looking for a person with a business and impact-oriented mindset; with a social and environmental knowledge and experience balance.
Desirable but necessarily, specialization or post-graduate degree in Sustainable Management.
Work experience: This is a junior position for professionals with 2-3 years or more of experience in sustainability in companies and/or consultancies.
Languages: Advanced English level (C1) and native or Advanced Spanish Level (C2)
LOCATION AND CONDITIONS
Although the position can work remotely, the person will be expected to attend the office in Mexico City several days a month. Travel expenses to Mexico City will not be covered.
Vacations and benefits above those required by law: private medical insurance, life insurance, performance program and others.
Access to the United Nations Global Compact Online Academy
The Global Compact Network Mexico is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment of mutual respect. Global Compact Network Mexico recruits and employs staff regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, cultural and ethnic backgrounds, or disabilities. Reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities may be provided to support participation in the recruitment process when requested.
Deadline: Monday January 15th 2023. CLOSED
PLEASE APPLY THROUGH THE FOLLOWING BUTTON
Check the complete requirements by clicking on the button below.