OUTREACH AND ENGAGEMENT COORDINATOR
The Global Compact Network Mexico is part of the United Nations Global Compact, the world’s largest responsible business initiative. We connect Mexico’s companies and other organizations to a global movement dedicated to driving sustainable growth. We promote practical sustainability leadership, share knowledge across sectors, and shape the business environment to create a world we want to live and do business in.
The UN Global Compact’s Ten Principles, rooted in UN treaties, provide a robust foundation from which we lead Mexico’s business action on the Global Goals, also called the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Our mission is to turn global momentum on sustainability into practical local action.
You can read about the UN Global Compact’s Values and Behaviors model at https://www.unglobalcompact.org/about/the-un-global-compact-way.
The Outreach and Engagement Coordinator will be owner and responsible for network growth, customer service and due diligence helping more responsible business commit with the Ten Principles.
The position will report directly to the Executive Director and will be supported by a Specialist position. The Coordinator will be working closely with Communications & Marketing and Impact teams for maintaining an effective prospect pipeline and value proposition for participants.
Please note that while this role is within the Global Compact Network Mexico team, the successful candidate will not be formally employed by the United Nations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Leads outreach and engagement in Mexico through presentations, public engagements, marketing partnerships, etc. to extend the awareness and reach of the UN Global Compact among relevant business audiences.
- Represent the GC Network Mexico as point of contact with the Global Participant Engagement team.
- Develop and deliver national growth strategy according to KPI’s
- Attracts businesses to join the UNGC through effective communication of the value and support that the UN Global Compact delivers to business participants.
- Personally manages business prospect pipeline from vetting to timely follow-up to prospect conversion to joining.
- Nurtures excellent relationships with UN Global Compact business participants in Mexico. Understands their business needs, their sustainability challenges and helps them avail of the relevant engagement opportunities the UN Global Compact offers to help them set and make progress on ambitious sustainability goals.
- Builds an understanding of business participant needs. Gathers feedback and provides insight back to the GC Network Mexico team to help direct strategy and plans to better meet business needs.
- Leads in the onboarding of new business participants, supporting them to be able to make most use of their participation in the UN Global Compact.
- Bring support, guidance, coordination and follow up to Growth Partners such as business chambers and associations.
- Actively uses and shapes tools to improve Participant Engagement efficiency, and company satisfaction, including the Global Compact database, CRM software (Salesforce), tracking and reporting systems.
- Function as the first point of contact for customer service.
- Helps business participants with ongoing administration and customer support: application review, on-boarding, annual reporting, maintaining and updating company profile/contact info, logo requests, etc.
- Lead the implementation process of the New Communication on Progress Policy and New Business Model to ensure retention of participants.
Due Diligence (10%)
- Function as the focal point on Due Diligence process for prospects, participants and any other network engagements.
- Represent the GC Network Mexico as point of contact with the Global Integrity team.
- Manage the Due Diligence process of applicant companies.
- Provide support and follow-up to Integrity cases.
The Global Compact Network Mexico has a very broad mission, but the Network team is small, so the Outreach and Engagement Coordinator may be required to support other activities from time to time.
SKILLS AND CAPACITIES REQUIREMENTS:
Passion for client service and client impact
- Effectively meets prospects and participating company needs. Takes responsibility for company satisfaction and impact. Demonstrates professional qualities and demeanor that commands attention and respect from decision makers.
- Account management and engagement skills and service mindset. Builds trusted and productive relationships with key decision makers and responds to questions, concerns and requests from executives and key decision makers.
Persuasive and engaging communication skills
- Demonstrate strong negotiation and persuasion skills focusing on the UN Global Compact value proposition for businesses.
- Ability to interact with a broad set of businesses and present over the phone, virtually, and in person.
- Ability to communicate persuasively in written form to help engage at scale.
Advanced proficiency in key digital tools and analytical skills
- Proficiency in Salesforce/Pardot CRM contact management and reporting systems.
- Advanced proficiency in essential communication and reporting tools: Zoom, Excel, PowerPoint, Word.
- Proven experience in analyzing data to extract insights around engagement results, client satisfaction, client understanding, as well as the impact of activities, and global sustainability trends.
Proven delivery of results
- Delivers to clear goals within strategies. Identifies priority activities and assignments, allocates appropriate time and resources, tracks progress and adjusts priorities as required.
- Foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning. Monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary.
EDUCATIONAL AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Education: A first-level university degree in business administration, management, economics, international relations, social science or related field. Master’s degree preferably. We are looking for a business and impact mindset person.
Work Experience: Three plus years of experience in account management, sales & marketing, customer support, or related field within a business or consultancy.
Languages: Advanced English level (Level C1) and native or Advanced Spanish level (Level C2).
LOCATION AND CONDITIONS
Although the position can work remotely, it is expected that the person attends the office and events in Mexico City several days per month. Travel expenses to Mexico City will not be covered.
It is a full time flexible position with benefits well over legal requirements.
Integrity: Demonstrates the values of the United Nations Global Compact in daily activities and behaviors; acts without consideration of personal gain; resists undue political pressure in decision-making; does not abuse power or authority; stands by decisions that are in the Organization’s interest, even if they are unpopular; and takes prompt action in cases of unprofessional or unethical behavior.
Professionalism: Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; and remains calm in stressful situations.
Respect for Diversity: Works effectively with people from all backgrounds; treats all people with dignity and respect; treats men and women equally; shows respect for and understanding of diverse points of view and demonstrates this understanding in daily work and decision-making, examines own biases and behaviors to avoid stereotypical responses, and does not discriminate against any individual or group.
The Global Compact Network Mexico is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment of mutual respect. Global Compact Network Mexico recruits and employs staff regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, cultural and ethnic backgrounds or disabilities. Reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities may be provided to support participation in the recruitment process when requested.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE FRIDAY JUNE 2nd.